Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Chemo One- one down three to go!

Today was my first chemotherapy. It is a little creepy that's for sure. I sat in a room with five other people while I received my treatments. First I was given antibiotics for nausea and then the two chemo treatments. One that they call the "RED DEVIL" has to be put in slowly because if my vein were to blow it would permanently scar my skin. The nurse was shocked that I watched as she put it into my arm so closely, but I was secretly telling the "RED DEVIL" to go and do its thing!People can get so comfortable during chemo, its amazing. The woman to my right snored the whole time she was there. I was having a small panic attack and she just snored on and on. The whole treatment took about 3 1/2 hours.

7 comments:

  1. Dr. Ashmun is the best! She delivered Em for us. Hope you are feeling well this evening. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine Melissa. You are so brave! We are sooooo proud of you:) Been thinking about you all day. Only 3 more to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon! Best wishes. Luke

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you all the luck and all the best...hang in there, sounds like you are going to be well rewarded!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa: I just saw you ahve a blog! i'm finally getting caught up on everything :) thank you for sharing a very personal thing! You and John and McCauley remain in my family's prayers! Hopefully we'll get to see you all next month!
    Love & God Bless,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melissa!! I'm just now catching up on your blog. It's so admirable that you can keep your humor through it all. That's definitely the Melissa I know!!! Liza and I have been thinking and praying for you. All the best, Ellen
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog through my friend Kelly...I just wanted you to know I will be praying for your family.

    Love, Hugs and prayers-
    Tiff
    Thepiferfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete