Sunday, September 27, 2009

Steroids in the buttocks...

John and I headed over to Central Baptist Hospital this morning at 7 AM for our first steroid shot for baby McCauley, this is so that her lungs will get an extra boost before the birth on Tuesday. They had to admit me to the hospital, monitor the baby, take my blood, make sure the white blood cell count was high enough (it was high enough!) and then give me the steroid shot. It was a WONDERFUL experience to say the least...only took 2 hours...
On a side note, my hair has slowly been coming out this week. I haven't washed it or combed it in a few days (I just stick a headband it and go), so we will see if it survives til Tuesday. The good news is that the chemo is in there doing its thing!
John and I are prepared for baby...I think everything has been put together and washed, etc! Bart, the black lab, is barely hanging in there...pray for him...he is so afraid of the swing, cradle, bobby, rocking chair and the list goes on...
The schedule for tomorrow is a steroid shot again at 7 AM and then check in for labor at 9 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment