Friday, August 14, 2009

Day One

Today is the first day on "our" road to recovery for breast cancer. "Our" consisting of me, even though in all other proper English sentences, I would never begin with myself. I do however have the lump that is soon to be removed and then shot by the 12 gauge. More on that later. "Our" also includes John Henry, loving husband, baby McCauley Carlyle, who is still currently incubating and The Bart, a junior sized black lab.
Today will consist of bathing. I am a little sore from having a bebopsey ( Is this how you spell it Megan? From My BIG fat Greek Wedding?) on Wednesday so that might be a small challenge in itself. My first doctors appointment is at 11:45 with, "the cancer doctor", Dr. Monty Metcalf. Then hopefully off to lunch with everyone before meeting with the sugeon Dr. Tate. We are getting two surgeons opinions today, Dr. Tate and Dr. Stewart.
Day one is offically beginning now...

2 comments:

  1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that today went well for you all. I love that your doctors first name is Monty! Thanks for keeping us all posted with this blog, and please let me know if you need ANYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came across your blog and thought I would let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, even though we don't know each other. My aunt had breast cancer 15 years ago, and today she is doing great :-)
    Kelley
    http://www.tutusandchoochoos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete