Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Master Plan

Well, after meeting with every doctor in town, including our next door neighbor and John's old next door neighbor(see what I mean...EVERY doctor in town!), we now have a master plan. Tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. I will be having a lumpectomy with Dr. Tate at Central Baptist Hospital. The goal after tomorrow is for me to be cancer free! We will know immediately if it has spread into the lymph nodes but will have to wait about 5 days to know what type of cancer it is, and if further treatment is needed.
My OBGYN believes the cancer cells were probably there and pregnancy made them grow faster which brought the cancer to my attention. If that is the case we will be patting McCauley on the back for sure when she arrives.
Some good news today was that I had an ultrasound and McCauley is doing wonderfully. She is exactly where she is supposed to be at 3 pounds. She even smiled for us on ultrasound and I think she looks EXACTLY like John Henry! This worries some people but we don't believe she will be as hairy as John. Hopefully!

2 comments:

  1. Haha. At least you are trying to keep a good spirit about this little bump in the road. I just have to tell you that I LOVE DR. TATE. I used to work at CB for a medical company called Stryker, and would sit in on Dr. Tate's surgeries as a rep for our products. He is amazing and I would definitely want him to operate on me...well if I was in that situation of course. :) Just wanted to pass that along. You have been in my thoughts and prayers and I know you will just roll on through this. Please let me know if there is anything at all you guys need.

    Jennifer Dunn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa,

    Thanks to Facebook, the DeMosses learned of your challenge (and bravery) while we were all in Ft. Myers. We will pray for you as you face this with your wonderful husband and family. You are quite a gal. With love, Donna DeMoss

    ReplyDelete