Monday, August 31, 2009

The Prescription

The prescription for what cancer I had was finally given to me today from Dr. Metcalfe. We had a great visit with him today at Saint Josephs. I will be starting chemotherapy on Tuesday September 8th. I will be given chemo four times at three week intervals and yes my hair will fall out. All hair on my body will fall out. I will be a naked chihuahua for a few months. This should mean that if according to schedule I will be finished around my birthday. Then the doctors wait about a month, or in my case for me to come back from Naples at Christmas and then I will be given radiation therapy. The chemo and radiation dynamic duo will make it less than 10% likely that this cancer will ever return.
Tomorrow, I am going in for a heart ultrasound. One of the chemo medicines you can't take if you have heart problems so they want to check my heart and make sure I am good to go.
My next project is wig shopping. My hair will start falling out about 10 days after my first treatment so I need to find a cool do ASAP.

2 comments:

  1. You will do great Melissa! It's good to know how many times you will have to endure the chemo. At least you will be able to cross it off the list each time!!! I am up for wig shopping anytime. We'll get ya a cool style! (maybe you wanna go punk or something??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about a shade of red? Nah... it probably wouldn't work with your skin tone... you would end up looking like a kid who shops at Hot Topic. Hmmm...possibly a Posh Spice look? It's pretty hot, I mean it did land David Beckham, and he is quite a (freaking gorgeous) marvel!!

    ReplyDelete